Monday, March 8, 2010

Day #5: The Bread God Has Given.

Alright, so, welcome to my new blog site! :) I'm hoping to be able to get more feedback on this one, or at least feel better about my blog. It's been quite a long time since I have written one of these, so please forgive me. I'm a slacker, and it's something I'm working on. If you all would like to help, encouragement always does the mind and soul good! ;) Haha!

So, here we go with day numero cinco!

First step is to always READ the passage. Todays passage comes from Exodus 16:9-16.

Exodus 16:9-16 (King James Version)

9And Moses spake unto Aaron, Say unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, Come near before the LORD: for he hath heard your murmurings.

10And it came to pass, as Aaron spake unto the whole congregation of the children of Israel, that they looked toward the wilderness, and, behold, the glory of the LORD appeared in the cloud.

11And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

12I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel: speak unto them, saying, At even ye shall eat flesh, and in the morning ye shall be filled with bread; and ye shall know that I am the LORD your God.

13And it came to pass, that at even the quails came up, and covered the camp: and in the morning the dew lay round about the host.

14And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground.

15And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna: for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the LORD hath given you to eat.

16This is the thing which the LORD hath commanded, Gather of it every man according to his eating, an omer for every man, according to the number of your persons; take ye every man for them which are in his tents.

Now, the second step is to read it again slowly, and concentrate on all the emotions the Israelites were feeling. The emotions while they were complaining, the excitement once they noticed God's glory in the clouds, this amazing gift of bread God has given from the heavens, and the satisfaction of not having to worry about having enough.

In this devotional, it says to THINK about what your complaint to God would be at this very moment. Don't try to figure one out, just let it come to you. After it comes to you, think about any signs that God has given you, or ways that He has told you that He will provide your needs; that He will solve each complaint, within His own time, and His own ways; we just need to be patient.

I know how hard it can be to struggle with something and to try and be patient. A lot of the times, I think God answers us right away, but we're to focused on our struggles to really hear what He is telling us. We focus more on worldly issues and things, instead of putting all our focus on the line for God. He wants all of our attention, and if He has it, we will no doubt hear His words and plans for us. Patience is very important in anyones life. We all need it, and most of us struggle very hard with patience, with either not having enough of it, or having so much that we hold back what's really on our minds. Most of us struggle with having enough, but if we do focus on God, He will provide us with plenty of patience, we just really need to focus on Him, and only Him.

This makes me think of how rough my year of 2009 was. I was struggling so much, and became very depressed with everything that was going on in my life. Finally, I realized that, even though I felt like I was giving everything to God, something was still holding me back, which was anger. I was angry about certain things, and frustrated to the point where I had no idea what to do with my life, or how to handle myself anymore. I was just looking for answers, but without really paying attention to all the signs God was giving me. I was worried about my dad being sick, and I was worried about my life in university, and where I wanted to go next year. I had a rough couple of months right before Christmas, but just one day, God told me not to worry, because no matter what I need, He will provide and that He had a plan for my life.

I just find that a lot of us waste our time complaining about stupid things that will not matter in the end. We complain about the way others act, meanwhile we act very similar. We all get annoyed so easily it seems, but honestly, I think that's just the world getting to us. We need to remember that this planet, is not our home, heaven is. This is our temporary living space, which God has given us to show the world how beautiful and glorified He and his children are. It is our job to provide to others like He provides us. We are set on this earth to do His work, and to help others the best way that we can. Now, who's going to make the first step? We can sit back and keep putting it off as long as we want, but the longer we do so, the more miserable we will become, and the more miserable the people we could be helping will become as well. We need to get out there, and trust that God will provide us with what we need to provide for others. He is the key to any type of success, and He is the key to a healthy heart and soul. We need Him to survive this world, and we need to trust in Him to provide everything we need, instead of complaining about the things we don't have, and worrying about how to get them. If they are things that we need, God will give it to us, in some way. He is the best provider there is, and we don't want to miss out on any of Him just because we'd rather sit back and be stressed out about whatever it is that is bothering us.

Hopefully this is all making sense, and if it's not I'm sorry. When I write these blogs, I kind of just go with the flow. I never check them over, which I know I should, but I feel like this is the best way to get what's in my head out. I honestly do believe that God uses me to do this for a reason too, and that a lot of what I'm saying I don't even realize until later, because God puts it on my heart to say it right away. He's using me to talk about His word, and His ways, which I think is pretty neat. I think He tells everyone a lot, and at first, when He told me to start this blog, I didn't listen, but since I have started it, I have gotten so blessed, and it really did open a lot of doors, and I mean, that's really neat since I just started! God really is an amazing provider, and I write all this down because I don't want anyone to miss out on it anymore. It's so much more fun to live a life that is full of God than to worry and be frustrated for most of your life. Then again, I full on believe that, to be happy, you need to want to be happy, and try to be happy, then it eventually becomes natural. At least, that's exactly what happened to me. and I feel like it completely changed my outlook on life. God really spoke to me when He said that, and it's something we all must know. I had a lot of questions for Him, and He provided me with answers! I now know what I'm going to be doing next year, I'm more focused on Him, He made me see things that I was blinded by before, and He just made me so much more excited for life! Make sure that you don't miss out on anything just because of some stupid struggles. Life is more than just that, be adventurous in spirit! God will provide you with great experiences and beauties! You just need to trust in Him!

If you have a hard time seeing what God has provided you with, well I encourage you to PRAY for Him to show you exactly what He did provide you with through your complaint. The cool thing about God is that He doesn't have a secretary. You don't need to leave a message after the beep, He just answers your call right away, and He always gets back to you with answers! That is, as long as you believe that He will, because without belief, you just have a bunch of hope, and even though hope is always good, unless you believe, whatever you're hoping for rarely actually happens. He's your best friend, and He is always there for you! So don't hold back, don't be scared, just talk to Him, tell Him what's on your mind! Even if He already knows it, He appreciates when you communicate with Him. That's what He needs from you, and until you do that, the providing will not be as noticeable to you.

Now, for the LIVE part of this devotional blog. You need to sit quietly with all your attention on God. Feel His "enoughness" in you, the satisfaction you have within Him. There shall never be any dissatisfaction when it comes to our Lord. So I pray for all of you to just sit in His glory, and acknowledge His work, and everything He has provided you with. I also pray that He provides you with whatever you are searching for. Since honestly, who in this world isn't searching for something?

Until next time!

SaraKath.

No comments:

Post a Comment