Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day #1: Desire for Reconciliation.


Alright, so since this is my first post of the actual day to day devotionals, I shall explain how it works. It has an order of four specific things to do. I will not share the exact things it says in the book, because I want all of you to go out and buy it yourself! :)

So first, READ Genesis 3:1-10. In case you need the verses, here they are!

The Fall of Man

1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’ ”

4 “You will not surely die,” the serpent said to the woman. 5 “For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the LORD God called to the man, “Where are you?”

10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”

This made me THINK about how so many of us disobey God. We all do it, it’s a factor of life sadly. We need to work hard, to do His work, instead of doing work that distracts us from Him. He should and needs to be our full on focus. Which leads me to taking time for Him. Have you took time for Him today? I know I haven’t taken enough time. I have barely taken any time for Him today.

A lot of us are too busy with worldly things to acknowledge God’s beauty. Try going for a walk today, and looking at every detail of every part of the trees, the sky, dirt, and anything else that is around. He made all of it. Every single detail. He knows every single freckle on your skin, exactly how many hairs are on your body, He knows all! Why would we have want to try and hide something from someone who is that amazing? He created us, and gave us life, free will, the beauties of everything that surrounds us, but instead of praising Him like we should, a lot of the times we’re judging the way He works. God is magical, He’s based on wonder, which makes it so amazing! You can picture this beautiful glorious God up in the heavens who took the time to make every single piece of your skin, your bones, body part, and everything. He placed all of them together and made a master piece; which is you. No matter what anyone ever says to you, believe that you are a masterpiece; and not only a masterpiece, but God’s finest work of art that He has ever made. He wants you to know that, and to call on Him to be your Father, and your best friend.

Do you ever feel alone? Sometimes I just feel like all my friends are gone, and as if my best friends are becoming a blur. Who is your best friend? Are they someone who you can count on for absolutely anything? Who you can trust with your life? Who always gives the greatest advice and encouragement, while you feel like the rest of the world is constantly judging you, and having these expectations of you that you just don’t see happening? There is only One best friend who can promise you all of this, no matter what time of day or night. His name is Jesus. Everyone hears about Him, and a lot believe in Him, but do they have faith that He will hold up to all of His promises? Stop asking yourself questions, and start asking God to show you the answers Himself. Don’t just ask and then not expect God to answer, because if you do that, you will never get answers. Have faith in God to show you the answers, make sure to look for them, and to really want to know them.

Doesn’t it hurt when your best friends disappoint you? Don’t you ever feel like the ones you love the most, are sometimes running away from you and your problems, and start focusing on someone or something else? It feels like crap. It really does. So how do you think God feels when we disobey and run away from Him? He loves us more than we could ever imagine. We might think we understand what love is, but God has a whole different meaning of love for us. Don’t you want to know about it and learn more about the love that He has to share with you? Have you disobeyed your best friend? Are you willing to work at it, and get that relationship back where it should be? God should be your best friend. He’s right behind you, waiting to catch you each time you fall. He’s there with open arms waiting. Are you ready to turn your life around, and open up your arms to Him? Turn around and give Him a hug. He’ll embrace you, and you will feel love and comfort pour on to you like you have never felt before. Continue to grow closer to Him. He’s never far. He’s always right there waiting. How long are you going to make Him wait?

I got a little bit off topic, but God let’s it happen for a reason!

We all rebel against God. It’s something we all struggle with, that’s why it is so important to have people encouraging you to lead a Godly life. So here I am folks, I’m here, posting all of this for you, to encourage you to lean to God, let Him catch you when you fall. Do what He wants for you, because His plans are way better than ours. Listen carefully for what He’s trying to tell you. He’s there, waiting for you to call on Him. If you are having trouble with a certain situation or addiction, pray about it! One of the many great things about God is that he is the definition of Forgiveness. He never judges you, He just wants to help. Don’t give up on doing good! We all know it’s so much easier to just drift, and fall into evil things but thanks to Jesus, we don’t need to! No one said the Christian life would be easy. Even though a lot of people seem to have it in their head that it is, it’s definitely not easy. Stand up for what you believe in, be strong! I encourage you to follow the path God has for you, because you will get the best reward in the end. The greatest gift of all. :)

Take time to PRAY about everything you’ve thought about. Tell God your flaws, just so He can hear it from you. He may know all, but hearing the truth from the person you care about, means a lot more than just knowing and never hearing it. Talk to Him, He’s your best friend! It doesn’t need to be anything fancy. Speak to Him as if He were your best friend, because that’s what He should be. Confess the truth to Him, He’s a great listener! Don’t let His listening skills go to waste!:)

Now, for the last part of this blog. How do you feel about everything? Do you want toLIVE more righteously for God? Remember that we are not put on this earth for our own will, we are here for God’s will. In verse 9, God asks Adam where he went. If God knows all, why do you think He asked Adam? He wanted Adam to confess. Adam’s confession was “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.” When are you most tempted to hide from God? When are you so ashamed, that you want to turn away from God? If you are truly that ashamed, that you want to turn away from the Greatest Forgiver of all times. If you really want to run away from something/someone as great as God, than should you really be doing those certain things?

Praying for you all.

Much love.

SaraKath.

ps: I stumbled across this song tonight, someone danced to it on So You Think You Can Dance Canada, and I just fell in love. It’s called Your Hands by JJ Heller. Here are the lyrics. It really is an amazingly beautiful song. Hope you all enjoy!

I have unanswered prayers
I have trouble I wish wasn’t there
And I have asked a thousand ways
That You would take my pain away
That You would take my pain away

I am trying to understand
How to walk this weary land
Make straight the paths that crookedly lie
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands

When You walked upon the Earth
You healed the broken, lost, and hurt
I know You hate to see me cry
One day You will set all things right
Yea, one day You will set all things right

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands

Your hands
Your hands that shape the world
Are holding me, they hold me still
Your hands that shape the world
Are holding me, they hold me still

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave You when…

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave…
I never leave Your hands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrZKb5cTyN0

No comments:

Post a Comment