Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day #2: Wrestling in the Night.

Lately I have been having trouble taking time to write in my blog, which I apologize for. I apologize to God, for not taking enough time for Him, while He has been patiently waiting for me to call on His name. So, here it goes God, this is for You! J

I struggled a lot with this devotion. At first it made no sense to me, but God has made things a lot more clear for me this time around.

So let’s start off by READing Genesis 32:22-32, and if you don’t really understand what’s going on in the passage, and if its your first time reading this, it would be a good idea to look up at a few verses before this.

The first thing I want you to do, is to picture yourself in this passage. THINK, about if you think that you are Jacob or do you feel like you’re an invisible bystander just sitting there, watching it all?

When I think of me being in this passage, I think that I’m a little bit of both. A lot of the times, I sit back, and watch others struggle, because I end up giving up the hope that I once had in them. I always feel guilty about it, and I should. I am glad that I feel this guilt, because it makes me realize that I need to be better. I’m judging, just like every other human being on the earth, but just because everyone else does it, doesn’t make it okay. Did Jesus do it? No, He did not. He’s the only being on this earth that matters, so why should the congregation out rule Him in our eyes? We need to be more like Jesus, more like God. We are put on this earth to set good examples, to be good people and to do His work. A lot of us say that we know this already, but if we know it, and believe that it is true, why do we sit around and wish that we would/could, but cannot find the strength to do it. We cannot find the strength to do it because we always feel like we need to do in ourselves, as if we cannot ask for help. God wants us to ask for His help, and unless we believe that He can actually help, we will never become who He wants us to be. We cannot do it on our own. Stop being an onlooker, and start being the one who stands up for God by representing Him through all of our actions, words, and thoughts. Strive to be like Him, fight for what you believe is right. Don’t be taken over by society.

A lot of the times people will make fun of my beliefs, and when I think about this story about Jacob, I picture me as Jacob, wrestling the world. I will get hurt, but my relationship with God overrules my pain everyday. He is the reason why I am on this planet, and it’s time for all of us to fight through the pain, and to look at the righteousness of our King! He uses the pain that we go through each and every day to grow closer to Him, and by growing closer to Him, our lives will finally make more sense. I believe that more than ever lately. I had a really rough year last year, and God has been pulling me through the tears, pain and struggles and encouraging me to have more faith in Him. He told me not to worry about what is happening now, but to do the best that I can and He would take care of the rest. God is a wonderful provider, and is the best gift giver ever! Listen to what He tells you, and look for the signs that He gives you. He has been giving me so many signs lately and I have never felt so blessed! I was a total reck last semester, and now with God’s gracious being, He refreshed everything in my mind, heart and soul. I feel like nothing could take me down now, and I am so excited to live my life for Him! Have courage, and faith to walk beside Him each and every day. It’s the only way to live a full free life!

I encourage you to pray and to tell God exactly what you want, in details because He loves to hear from His children. If you believe that He is able to give you want you need and want in life, He will provide. Don’t be greedy, and I say this because a lot of us PRAY for things that we do not need. Focus on your inner being, and not about worldly things. Pray for Him to work through you, and to encourage you do focus on Him every day.

Praying is not always easy for everyone, a lot of us have a hard time focusing on what we want to say. If you are like me, and have a hard time focusing on your thoughts and words that you want to express to God, try writing how you feel down. Express your frustration, your joy, sadness, and whatever other emotion that you are feeling. Make a list of things that you want or feel that you need. If you believe, and really are in need, God will provide without hesitation. Just be patient and wait on Him, because the longer the wait, the greater the gift!

Now for the last and final part of this devotion. The LIVE part. Picture yourself in a quiet place, where all you hear is the waves, and the sounds of creatures that our Lord made for us. Do you trust God in this imaginary situation? Within the chaos of creatures and wilderness around you, do you hear God’s settling voice comforting you? Listen for His voice, feel His arms around you. If you feel uncomfortable, feel honest about it. How do you wish to feel like? Express your feelings and rest in the thoughts that God gives you.

Until next time…
Praying for you all!

SaraKath.

No comments:

Post a Comment